Grekwood Miniatures

Saturday 17 November 2012

WIP Zombies, and Roads...

Once again it has been over a week since my last bog, so here's another one! I don't have a huge amount to talk about as I've just been busy jumping between a few different projects.

I sent off the 4 figures, HammerMan, Princess Bexi, Grekwood in a Fez, and, finally the sci fi alien. They are currently with a caster, but not sure when I'll get those back.

"Roads, where we're going we don't need roads!" (Back to the Future)...
We are currently working on some "road sections" which are designed to be mounted to foamboard (for pavements) and for the base. Although you can use thinner card for the road part. Either way, the pavements have to be on foam board (I guess if you wanted to you could alter it some how).

We plan make them for ourselves, but as I have a webstore, I may as well pop them online in case anyone else would like them! We will make a few different versions, such as tarmac roads with residential style tarmac pavements. Then roads with yellow lines, and then some with paved pathways etc etc. So we should be able to mix and match and get every combo we need.

Next Batch of Zombies: WIP
Here's a little WIP of the current batch of zombies, which is going well. A few of them are finished (such as the ones to the left on black bases). The two in the photo are almost there. The photo is a little old (like a few days), as the two figures have progressed since then. So remember, they are WIP, which means what you see isn't how the final thing will look... It's just a taster.

Clik to zoooOOOOMM

CGD Society Get Together Weekend
Here's a photo of me and Kate from the CGD weekend get together we went to last month... I should have worn the wig... but it was too hot in there! Anyway, who says a pirate can't look after their hair?? :P


Click to zooOOOMM

Ok, that's all for now! Comments as always are welcome :)

11 comments:

  1. Great costumes mate and the zeds are coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The zombies are looking great as always.
    Nice costumes. And as someone who recently went as Scarecrow from Batman begins (with a burlap sack on my head) I totally understand how it can be too hot to stay in full costume.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Your costume sounds great, but yeah, I had to sit down for a 3 course meal in costume, so I would have been boiling! lol

      Delete
  3. Liking the work in progress. It is always nice to see how things are done, especially when they are done well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The figures look a bit different now. I'm always hesitant to post WIP, as the things I sculpt always change so much as I chop arms off, redo who sections etc lol

      Delete
  4. The zombies seem pretty good! I like the walkie-talki...or is it a very old cell phone? On the business woman :P. Is that a butcher zombie you were showing some time back, in the background with a funny harods hat? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah hehe, it's a walkie talkie! Indeed that is the butcher! He has some sausages around his neck lol I wanted something which looked "butcher like"... so nothing better than a string of sausages lol

      Delete
  5. Zombie in a shopping cart! Remember that one hehe

    Progress looks good mate.

    And bot h you and the lovely Mrs look fantastic in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I haven't forgot. Although that would have to be a "speciality" mould, where I have a few cool idea for!

      Delete
  6. Hope you don't mind mate I've nominated you for a Liebster award.

    ReplyDelete