Grekwood Miniatures

Tuesday 28 August 2012

28mm Hospital almost complete!

Here are some more WIP photos of the hospital I am building.

A day or two ago I decided to finally put a roof onto the building. So I spent part of yesterday putting all the wall pieces together on the computer, printing them out, then glueing them to the ceiling wall sections. So here are the photos.


Front Angle: in the middle of the "link" hallway, I will be putting an entrance door. maybe a small step to get into the building, maybe even a ramp for disabled people (need to cover every possibility!).

Rear Angle: That's pretty much all it is!!
 Front: The entrance will be in the centre. I still need to put the paving stones around the top of the "ceiling wall". There are some already on at the back of the left ward.

Finally here's a photo of how it all breaks down for easy storage. We plan to have 10 wards made (full scale ward for a game (2 story building). So they all stack nicely on the top shelf of a cabinet.








I have had a bit of trouble making this, not because it is complicated, but because the foam board I was using was dodgy. It's meant to be 5mm thick, but I found myself working with 6mm and even 7mm thick foam board (from "The Range"), which varied in thickness from one end to the other. So when putting the building together there are some gaps. Anyway, it's designed for 5mm foam board. So as long as that is used there should be no problems.

My dad bought a few sheets from Hobby Craft about a week ago (it was less than £3 for an A2 size sheet). They are all 5mm, so my dad is helping to build a few extra wards as I'm busy packing (house move), and trying to get a bit of sculpting in here and there. I have build 5 so far, my dad is going to make 4, and I need to make one more to take photos of for the documentation (which is almost written).

Anyway, that's it for now, oh that figure in the photo is a new sculpt, but you probably can't see it that well as it's far away.

Cheers for reading :) I'm hoping to have the "basic" singe story hospital online in September.

14 comments:

  1. Look great! I especially like the little wall on the roof, makes for plenty tactical possibilities. Have you thought about a small doors on top of the roof, for the access? I cant really explain it...you know, just a little "shed" on top of the roof with staircase to lower floor :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Mathyoo! I plan to bring out "expansion" packs (all nice and cheap of course!), so that will give the ability to add more floors/buildings (so go taller and wider with the ability to get to them i.e: stairs/lifts). I want to put out a "basic" hospital like the one shown, to allow people to build a small mini hospital. I don't want to make people buy other things they don't want/need, so I'm splitting it all up? I will bring out a few expansion packs allowing for different things such as lifts/stairs, proper entrance area, zombiefied rooms and so forth. By splitting it up I can make it cheaper, and then people will be able to only buy the parts they want/need :)

      Delete
  2. Each time I see this, it looks better and better. May I put in a request? When you do finish it, will you include a sheet with just the windows on? This will allow those of us who like to have transparent windows can print them out on transparency paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So make a sheet of A4 paper, with just loads of windows printed on it? They don't have to be spaced out correctly or anything? Just windows on a page for you to individually print/cut out? Just want to make sure I'm on the same wave length! If so, I can do that no problem!

      Delete
    2. Or do you mean, delete the brick work, but leave the windows in the correct place? That might be easier (more pages but easier). Let me know and I'll sort it out. PS: Your request is very welcomed :)

      Delete
    3. Your first option, Carl. Option two would waste a lot of transparency paper... and it's not cheap! Also, if your doors have windows in them, you could include them as well.

      Delete
    4. Righty oh! Consider that done!

      Delete
  3. Looking great as always. You've put together a good design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Adam! I've added a small entrance (porch type thing) to it now. It's starting to take shape!

      Delete
  4. That is absolutely fantastic! Seriously well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely great!!!

    Now....You know what we are all waiting for...The battle report!!!

    ReplyDelete